July 5, 2012

Family Breakfast

The morning of Fathers Day my brother was in the kitchen cooking and I was in charge of coffee.  My brother, sister-in-law-to-be, their cat, Cinder, and myself were all staying at our parents' house.  Me, before I left for France, and they were there for a couple weeks before their new apartment was ready.  We aren't big holiday people, but we thought it would be nice to do a proper breakfast to start the day off.  My brother made the food for everyone and did so to order.  First, everyone got a plate of eggs one by one.  Then, my brother went around cooking a couple pieces of bacon at a time and delivering them to everyone's plate.  My job was easy.  I made coffee.  I made iced coffee, coffee ice cubes, and hot coffee.  My brother had just gotten fresh coffee from his favorite shop and it was called Dancing Goats.  Very fitting as the goats were in the yard dancing at the time.  Cinder and sister-in-law-to-be watched the goats and I tried to sneak a picture of her engagement ring.  My brother got the ring from an Etsy seller and he did an excellent job.  I was very impressed.

We have a dining hall here in our French village, but I do miss having full reign over a simple kitchen and cooking and eating meals with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment